Everyday since this summer I set myself a goal of going for a walk everyday or walk at least 25kms per week. I have managed to be constant, but now in autumn I actually increased my goal to 40kms per week besides going to swim at least 3x/week for 30mins. It feels so good to be active without exercise machines at home or going to the gym. Is possible and is even more satisfying because I get to see the sunrise and I’m more in contact with nature, the scenery in Heidelberg is just beautiful in any season of the year (this I have learned from my walks) and I get to start my day in a better mood.
So how is this connected to today’s recipe? Well, because this is what I eat if I feel hungry. I always eat carbs-rich breakfast/meal as pre-workout snack (about 2hrs before) but if I start to get appetite then I eat one of these bite-size snacks, just one is enough but can also be eaten as post workout. And are so easy and quick to make. So hopefully you’ll try the recipe and works as well for you as it has for me. Enjoy!
Eat Good, Feel Good! 🍏
Protein-rich bite-size Snack
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup amaranth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
(or you could use the flour of your choice adjusting the wet ingredients to get the right consistency)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (or applesauce)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use silicon molds.
- Combine all dry ingredients (you can add the seeds you want). Stir until well and evenly mixed. You can use a food processor to make it faster and smoother, or do it by hand if you like having little crunchy pieces.
- In another bowl combine oil, bananas and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Use cookie cutters and press spoonfuls of the batter into it and remove the cutter. You can simply form balls with your hands and flatten slightly as well.
- Bake for about 20 mins. or until edges are golden brown.