Do you ever find yourself feeling overwhelmed by the stresses of living an inner-city life? If so, you may have considered going ‘off-grid’. This self-sufficient lifestyle disconnects you from the electricity grid, water supply and gas mains, whilst allowing you to live a more cost-effective, and eco life-style. There are 75,000 Brits who are choosing this way of life.
While becoming completely self-sufficient isn’t an option for many people, the dream of a less stressful life is alluring.
To help, Insulation Express have uncovered how to get the ‘off-grid’ lifestyle whilst living in a city:
4 Simple Steps to Switching to an ‘Off-grid Lifestyle’
- Instead of relying on electricity, install solar panels. With government grants and incentives, the installation fee can also be minimal and will cut down your utility bills.
- Switch your gas system to a wood-burning stove. This will reduce particle emissions by 90%.
- Remove your broadband and instead rely on the free Wi-Fi available in coffee shops and public places. We’re so used to being “connected” everyday but by switching off sometimes, this allows you to be more mindful of your surroundings.
- Consider water-saving techniques such as shorter showers and ordering a free water-saving kit from your local water authority. This gives back to the environment and is a cost-cutting technique.
Going ‘Off-Grid’ Helps Maintain Your Mental Health:
- Reduces your social isolation
- Improves your physical and mental health
- Boosts your self-esteem and confidence
- Increases your resilience
- Improves your sleeping pattern
- Reduces anxiety
Knowledge is Power. Please share this Infographic:
<img class="wp-image-10432 size-full" title="Off-Grid Lifestyle in the City [Infographic]" src="https://ecogreenlove.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/11082018_offgridlifestyle.png" alt="Off-Grid Lifestyle in the City [Infographic]" width="760" height="2622" /> Images from <a href="https://www.insulationexpress.co.uk/blog/news/build-off-grid-lifestyle-centre-city/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Insulation Express</a>
Thank you for passing by! 🙂 Did you like this post? Did you find it useful or inspiring? If so, please take a moment and support our blog so we can continue doing what we love.
ecogreenlove is a completely free website that offers information, tips and guide to live a more sustainable life. We are two persons doing everything: from research, design, P.R. to posting on social networks. Please, help us improve and grow!