Get the Original Recipe here
Roasted Chickpeas (Master Recipe)
by Oven Love
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or about 4 cups cooked chickpeas from dried beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- seasonings of your choice (see below for suggestions)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the beans for roasting by draining and rinsing them, then letting them dry on a towel until most of the excess moisture is absorbed. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until the beans are crunchy throughout (just test one- if they are still mostly soft on the inside and there’s no crunch, keep baking).
- Immediately (while beans are still hot), toss with olive oil and seasonings. Serve hot or at room temperature. They are best the first day, but can be kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
(add more or less if you like, these are just guidelines)
- Sesame Soy- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Honey Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, a pinch nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 2 tablespoons honey (you can throw these back in the oven for 10-15 minutes to carmelize if you like)
- Garlic Parmesan- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Smoky Spice Blend- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, pinch cayenne (optional)
- Fiber Advantage and Weight Loss
- Protein for Vegetarians
- Manganese for Energy Production
- Iron Boost
- Stabilizing Blood Sugar and Low Glycaemic Index (GI)
- Heart Healthy
- For Women, Garbanzo could lower the risk of breast cancer, protect against osteoporosis and minimizes hot flushes in post-menopausal women
- Weight Loss due to high fiber content and low GI
Perfect healthy snack. Enjoy!