This was the first time I tried parsnip, back in México I didn’t eat it (neither the celery root or parsley root). I don’t even remember seeing them at the grocery store! But here in Germany is quite common (or at least, I have noticed) to prepare these root vegetables during late winter. Today I tried them myself and I have to admit, they are delicious! They are easy to make, yes, it takes some time to wash peel and cut them all but no more than 15 mins 😉
I hope you try these vegetables, if you haven’t already, and let me know what you think of this recipe!
Eat Good, Feel Good! 🍏
Oven-Baked Veggie Roots
- 1 kg mix of Root Vegetables
Can be any of these: carrots, beetroot, parsnips, potatoes, parsley root, celery root, radishes…)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 8 sprigs of Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash, peel and cut in bite sizes all your root vegetables
*Optional: Some recipes call to bleach the beetroot for about 5 mins. in boiling water and drain the water (I didn’t do it).
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F.
- Mix all the roots with olive oil and season with the herbs and spices of your preference, then place them on a baking tin as dispersed as you can.
- Bake the roots for about 40 mins. or until they are tender and you can insert a fork.
- Turn off the oven and take the veggies out to drip some honey on top. Place them back in the oven (turned off, using the remaining heat) for about 5-10 more mins.