Get the Original Recipe for the Baked Tofu here
You know I love to toss whatever I have in my fridge in a salad bowl, and still tastes delicious. But this time I wanted to add some sweet and spicy tofu style, and it got better.
Eat Good, Feel Good!
Organic produce is ideal
Just like I have posted before, I enjoy a mix of sweet/salty salad.
(quantities are up to you)
- Lettuce (I used Green Leaf, but use the one you prefer)
- Pears (I used brown ones)
- Carrots (when buying organic don’t have to peel, just lightly scrub)
“If you have the budget to do so, consider buying and eating organic carrots. Organic produce isn’t sprayed with pesticides, which means you can safely eat the entire carrot to maximize its nutritional value. “Organic Authority” magazine reports that carrots contain a high degree of phytonutrients, many of which are found in the skin or immediately beneath it. Consuming phytonutrients leads to a number of health benefits, including lessening your risk of cancer and boosting your immune response.” according to LiveStrong
Needless to say, you just have to mix everything 🙂 and if you will add the tofu, I recommend you to start preheating the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- Slice tofu into 1/2-inch slices, and gently press excess water out of tofu. Cut sliced tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, and hot sauce. Stir in sesame seeds, garlic powder, black pepper, and liquid smoke. Gently stir tofu cubes into sauce. Cover, and marinate at least 5 minutes.
- Place the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn tofu, and bake until the tofu turns golden brown, about 15 minutes more.