Get the Original Recipe here
Ideal for a snack in a cold night
Baked Camembert with Thyme & Garlic
by James Tanner
- 1 x 9oz camembert in its wooden box
(I used a small individual portion)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
(in our case, homegrown in our balcony)
- 1 small baguette, cut into 1/2 in slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- crushed sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Remove the camembert from the box and discard any wax paper packaging. Take a 10-inch square of foil and place in the box. Place the camembert inside.
- Pierce the top of the camembert with the tip of a knife and push in the slices of garlic. Sprinkle the thyme leaves over the top. Loosely scrunch the foil up over the cheese. Set aside.
- Brush two 12-inch square sheets (the size of your baking sheet) of parchment paper with oil. Line a baking sheet with one of the oiled parchment sheets, oil-side up. Spread the slices of baguette over the sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with crushed sea salt. Place the remaining sheet of parchment, oil-side down, over the bread.
- Place in the oven with the camembert and cook both for 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese has risen and the bread is crisp.
- Open up the foil and dip in the hot baguette for a simple snack. Delicious!