Find the Original Recipe here
Spinach Apple Banana Smoothie
A nutritious apple smoothie with the added delicious nutrition of spinach!
Makes two large servings.
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 large apple, cored and quartered (Fuji is the best)
- 1 large banana (ripe is best)
- 1/2 cup cold water or crushed ice
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In our experiments, we’ve found that adding the water and spinach first helps. Be sure the apples are quartered, if not smaller, so the Vitamix blades will puree them. If they’re too large, the pieces will get stuck against the sides of the container.
- The apple adds a nice sweetness, and the ice tends to reduce the fluffy foaminess of the spinach. This is very pleasant and suitable for breakfast on the go. Be sure to clean your blender quickly though, as the result tends to cake on the sides of the container.
- For extra protein, add half a scoop of unflavored protein powder.