The spirit behind green cleaning means to be cognizant of the cleaning products you buy and opting for sustainable alternatives that have non-toxic ingredient lists. Green cleaning practices are safer for you, your family (including furry friends), the planet, and in turn, the environment in your home.
To help, Hive created this guide that tackles the challenge of authentic sustainable cleaning for you, so that you can shop easier and clean everyday messes better.
Although many cleaning products claim to be “green” or “eco-friendly,” it can be difficult for consumers to differentiate between genuine earth-friendly cleaning products and marketing hype.
When searching for sustainable cleaning products, look for products that:
- Back up claims with reputable certifications like Leaping Bunny and EPA Safer Choice
- Have recognizable ingredients
- Have real third-party certifications like EWG, Ecologo, and Leaping Bunny
- Use probiotics over harsh disinfectants
- Are easy to reuse, refill, or recycle
- Don’t use artificial colors or fragrances
- Use organic ingredients
Find Hive on:
Join the ecogreenlove community