Viessmann visualized the impact of some everyday household chores and activities in terms of their CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalent) as we spend more time at home with our families. This standard unit is used to compare emissions from different greenhouse gases based on their global warming potential.
Tips for reducing your carbon footprint at home
To lessen your impact on the environment while maintaining a healthy and enjoyable lifestyle at home, follow these simple tips:
- Fit eco-friendly shower heads if you don’t use an electric shower.
- Set a timer on your phone when you’re in the shower to avoid using too much water.
- Turn off taps when not in use.
- Don’t boil more water than you need.
- Only run the washing machine when you have a full load of laundry to do.
- Reuse bath or shower water to water the garden or pre-soak muddy or stained clothes.
- Use a sweeping brush rather than a vacuum cleaner on hard floors where possible.
- When buying appliances, choose ones with good energy ratings.
- Turn the TV off when no one is watching it.
- Hang clothes on a washing line instead of using a tumble dryer if you can.
🇬🇧 For our UK readers, we recommend you to check out the latest study about UK’s Greenest Cities 🇬🇧
Find Viessmann on:
💚 More ways to Reduce your Carbon Footprint:
Join the ecogreenlove community