Since this year I promised myself I would not buy anymore cereal because of the plastic liner or bag they all come in. At that time, I realised there was a bulk shop where I live and I could buy cereal there, but I still didn’t like the idea of consuming cereal with lots of sugar added (at least that I didn’t control myself). So it was obvious I had to make my own cereal. Now I like it even more 🙂
Eat Good, Feel Good! 💚
Homemade Crunchy Granola
(all measurements are an approximate, you can change it to your taste)
- 4 cups of Oats
- 2 cups Grains or seeds of your choice
(I use sunflower seeds, amaranth, wheat bran and poppy seeds)
- 2 cups of Coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Choco chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup Mix of Nuts and Dry Fruits
- 2 Tbsp of cinnamon
- Honey to taste
(I used less than 2cups)
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F
- Mix all the dry stuff (oats, grains, seeds, flakes and cinnamon)
- Add the mix of nuts and dry fruit
- Slowly add the honey, stoping to mix well. Continue doing that until it makes clumps (this will make the crunchy bites).
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins. or until the oats are golden brown and mix again so that all oats get a bit toasted (≈ 30-40 mins in total)
- Let cool down completely and store in air-tight container. Ready for breakfast!
Ours last for a month for two persons. It will depend I guess in the servings. I haven’t tried to make it in a wok pan just by roasting it and stirring continuously but I’m guessing is possible to skip the oven.