I’ve been making my own no-knead bread for the last month. That means we haven’t bought any loaf of bread from the bakery since then, (and we live in the land of many really awesome delicious bread options = Germany), but also feels good to make your own.
At first it may seem like a big thing to make bread because we were taught that it needs an incredible amount of time and effort to make bread, but this bread is so easy that even I could make it! Is very satisfactory I must say…
Eat Good, Feel Good! 🍏
Now, before starting, don’t feel intimated by the time it takes to make this bread… 12hrs alone are needed to let the dough rest and rise and the rest is practically baking, no worries!
Also, and this is very important, I needed to work on this recipe for quite a while, is trial and error and it pretty much varies on the temperature of your room, your oven, etc. So, this recipe is, let’s say, the base and from there you can adjust it. The recipe I found called for higher temperatures, longer times and no sugar at all. This recipe is adjusted from that one and I add sugar. Feel free to adjust it to your taste and conditions.
No-knead Rustic Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. of yeast
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cup of water
- Mix all the dry ingredients very well in a big bowl. Add the water to make the dough, don’t have to knead, just until is all well combined and you can form a big ball.
- Cover with a damp towel and place in the warmest spot (not hot!) in your place and let it rest for at least 12 hours or during the night (if you live in a warm place or if it’s summer for you, then you won’t have to wait that long) until it expands. I made mine during late winter and sometimes I waited 18 hours.
- After resting, preheat your oven to 200°C / 392°F with a pot with lid inside (where you will place your bread.
- Take the dough out of the bowl (it will be very sticky) and pat and fold over until you form the ball or shape of the bread (don’t work it too much or air will escape) and sprinkle some whole wheat flour around or, if you want, place some seeds on top (sunflower, pumpkin… whatever you like).
- Bake inside of the preheated pot with a lid on for 30 mins. and test with a skewer if is cooked through (it should come out clean). If you like it with crust, turn the oven off and take off the lid and leave the bread inside for 15 mins. more.
- Let it cool down and enjoy!
Find 100+ recipes more on ecogreenlove.com