After searching for a while, I found this recipe. Is perfect if you don’t have too much time, don’t have a bread machine but want to make your own homemade “sandwich” bread (like me). believe me, is easier and faster than the no-knead bread 🙂
Eat Good, Feel Good! 💚
English Muffin Bread
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- Cornmeal to sprinkle
- Mix only 2.5 cups of flour first with the yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well.
*I don’t have a standing mixer so I do it by hand, is not that tough, but you can use a mixer as well.
- Add the lukewarm water and milk and mix well (will be a batter).
*I personally warm up the water and milk together in the microwave for 2 minutes, it has to war but not too warm. Enough so you dip your finger without feeling it hot.
- Slowly add the rest of the flour while gently folding and blending well (without over-mixing so it still has some air that will make it fluffy). Continue until the dough is sticky but it already separates from the sides of the bowl.
*I usually don’t use all the flour, but you have to check the consistency.
- Slightly grease a tin loaf form and sprinkle some cornmeal (you can skip this step if you can a silicon form) and put the dough inside patting it well to get the shape. Pre-heat oven (190°C/374°F) and place the dough on the stove (turned off) covered with a towel until the oven is ready (it will rise very fast).
- Bake for 40 mins. or until golden brown on top. Check with a skewer or toothpick to see if is cooked through (has to come out clean). Let it cool down and enjoy!
You can make buns, bagels or any other smaller shape with this recipe, just take in account times are going to change! Keep and eye once in a while to your bread while in the oven.