Eat Good, Feel Good and Enjoy!
Sweet Corn, Spinach and Caramelised Onion Lasagna
(serves about 8)
- 1 cake pan, about 8×12 or larger
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 box no bake lasagna noodles
- 1 carton part-skin ricotta
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed
- 5 slices toasted bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375. Begin by heating a large skillet over medium heat with 3 tbsp olive oil and add onions. Allow onions to caramelize over low-medium heat, turning often for about 20-30 minutes.
- Next, prepare your lasagna layers. Mix together creamed corn and drained corn in a bowl. In a second bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, 2 eggs and parmesan cheese, mixing well. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder to the cheese mixture.
- Next, dice up your toasted bread and dredge it into 1 egg and 1/2 cup milk combined much like you would french toast.
- To prepare lasagna, arrange a small layer of cheese mixture on the bottom of your pan, then top with lasagna sheets, then a layer of corn, then noodles, then a full layer of shredded mozzarella cheese and your cooked caramelized onions, then noodles, then cheese mixture, then noodles topped with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and your soaked bread.
- Place a layer of tin foil over the top of your pan and cook at 375 for 25 minutes, then remove foil and cook another 30 minutes, or until done.