Get the Original Recipe here
Sweet Corn & Cherry Tomatoes Couscous Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup (3-4 ears) sweet or yellow corn kernels, cut from the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 regular tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated on Microplane zester
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized sauce pan over high heat, pour vegetable stock and add couscous. Bring mixture to a boil, place lid on top and reduce heat to medium. Cook the quinoa until tender and all stock has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove pan from heat and remove lid.
- Vinaigrette: Squeeze limes into a small bowl. Add honey, salt, pepper and garlic and stir well. With a fork, stream in olive oil and whisk well.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, tomatoes and basil. Add cooled couscous, lime vinaigrette and stir. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Couscous salad is delicious both cool and room temperature.
Enjoy couscous with grilled chicken or simple white fish.
*You can follow the exact original recipe using Quinoa and Spinach.