Original Recipe from here
Roasted New Potatoes and Asparagus
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings as a side dish
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, with thick stalks, ends trimmed, cut in 1 1/2 – 2 inch pieces
- 1-2 pounds new potatoes, cut in half or thirds (the larger ones)
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed between fingertips
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In an extra large mixing bowl toss the asparagus, potatoes, 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and plenty of salt and pepper together. Alternately you can use your hands to massage the oil and seasonings into the vegetables.
- Grease a roasting pan, casserole dish or sheet pan. Roast vegetables about 35-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with Parmesan cheese.