This is the second of a series of Food Gifts recipes. Hope you find it useful!
Eat Good, Feel Good! 🍏
Food Gift Recipe: Cranberry Florentines
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 75 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 75 g butter
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 50 g glacé cherries
- 50 g mixed dried peel
- Preheat an oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan or pan over simmering water. Stir in the flour to create the florentine batter.
- Chop up some of the cherries (optional) and tip into the mixture along with the cranberries, mixed peel and flaked almonds. Mix well.
- Position teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking trays, a small space apart and press slightly with a damp finger or back of the spoon to flatten a little. Bake for 10 minutes, then leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Box up into an air-tight container and share as a gift.