Get the Original Recipe here
Ideal with Farfalle (aka bowtie pasta) because it supports the sauce with its ribbon-like pleats.
Eat Good, Feel Good!
Tomato Pesto Sauce
- 4 medium or 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup packed basil, parsley, or arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup salted cashews, almonds, or macadamia nuts
- 1 clove garlic (or use some roasted garlic, if you like)
- 1/2 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Throw everything in the food processor. Pulse a few times to chunk it up, then puree on high several seconds until smooth. Scrape down sides and puree a couple moments more to get that last pesky piece of cashew incorporated.