Get the Original Recipe here
Have a great Day!
Red Currant Yogurt Cakes
Author: Isabelle Boucher (Crumb)
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- ½ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh red currants
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour the cups of a mini-loaf pan (or a jumbo muffin tin, if you prefer).
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, eggs and canola oil until smooth and well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest, and stir until the batter is smooth and silky. Pour into the prepared mini-loaf tin, dividing evenly between the cups. Scatter berries on top of the batter, using around 2 tbsp per loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are pale gold and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of one loaf. (If using a muffin tin, you may need to add another 5 minutes of cooking time.)
- Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out and let cool completely before serving.
Get more yummy recipes on Crumb Blog • Twitter • Pinterest & Flickr