Get the Original Recipe here
Eat Good, Feel Good!
Wheat Berry Salad
Author: Ellie Krieger
Total Time: 1 hr 38 min
Prep: 15 min
Inactive: 20 min
Cook: 1 hr 3 min
Yield: 6 servings, serving size 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups hard wheat berries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tart dried cherries, chopped
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot combine the wheat berries and enough water to come 2 inches over the wheat berries.
- Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 1 hour, or until tender. Drain and let cool. Toast the walnuts in a medium dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries, walnuts, celery, dried cherries, scallions, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Excellent source of: Fiber, Vitamin K, Manganese
Good source of: Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Copper, Iron