Get the Original Recipe here
Eat Good, Feel Good!
Fresh and simple
Ricotta, chickpea and rocket salad with lemon dressing
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 handfuls fresh rocket
- 300g fresh ricotta
- Lemon-anchovy dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 handful basil leaves, torn
- 1 handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- To make the dressing, mash the anchovies, garlic and a little pepper in a mortar with a pestle.
- Slowly pound in the oil and lemon juice and finally the herbs, until you have a thick green slush.
- Check the seasoning, and set aside.
- Mash half the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, the olive oil and the lemon juice, and mix well, then fold in the remaining whole chickpeas.
- Place some chickpea mixture on each of 4 plates.
- Place the rocket beside the chickpeas and drizzle with half the dressing.
- Divide the ricotta among the plates, drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
*Original recipe includes anchovy in the dressing.