Get the Original Recipe here
I’m sure you have seen this one on Pinterest: Apple Sandwich filled with Granola and Peanut Butter.
I think is a great post-workout healthy and quick breakfast full of carbs good carbs, what do you think?
Breakfast is an important meal, don’t skip it!
APPLE SANDWICHES WITH GRANOLA AND PEANUT BUTTER
- 2 small apples, cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips (I skipped this)
- 3 tablespoons granola
- If you won’t be eating these tasty treats right away, start by brushing the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Spread one side of half of the apple slices with peanut or almond butter then sprinkle with chocolate chips and granola. Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches. Transfer to napkins or plates and serve.
Per Serving:300 calories (150 from fat), 16g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol,115mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 25g sugar), 8g protein