Get the Original Recipe here
QUINOA SALAD WITH TOMATOES, CUCUMBER AND ALFALFA SPROUTS
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 25 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
A simple vegan entree or side dish full of fresh veggies
Recipe type: Entree
- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 large heirloom tomato, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- 2 ounces alfalfa sprouts, torn apart
- 5 scallions, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced,
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Heat olive in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and quinoa and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occassionally until lightly toasted.
- Add broth or water, increase heat to high, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, alfalfa sprouts and quinoa. Pour lemon juice and red wine vinegar over the quinoa and mix until combined. Serve warm or cold.