Golden milk, which you may also see called turmeric milk, turmeric latte, or haldi doodh, may be new to you, but it has centuries of history in Indian culture. The base is milk of any kind — cow, goat, cashew, oat, the list goes on — which is typically mixed with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and a sweetener like honey. Other spices, including pepper and nutmeg, may also be added. Regardless of the exact mix, the stunning golden drink is served warm and can be a source of protein (depending on the milk choice).Continue reading “How to make Golden Milk [Visual]”
Everyday Herbs with Curing Abilities
Originally Published by Janardhana Hebbar on CureJoy.com
- Soothing sinus problems and headaches:
Boil five tablespoons of coriander seeds in water and breathe in the steam. Wrap your head with a towel so that the steam does not disappear and maximum quantity of it enters your respiratory tract.
- For treatment of colds and flu:
Brown five tablespoons of coriander seeds in a frying pan; ensuring not to overcook them. Then simmer the seeds in five cups of water with five pieces of ginger root. Minimize the liquid to two cups, filter the concoction and drink after adding some pure honey.
- For treatment of infection of the urinary tract:
Boil five tablespoons of coriander seeds in five cups of water and minimize the quantity to two cups and drink after adding pure honey. Drink this blend daily for a period of seven days to relieve the fiery sensation while urinating.
- Quick fix the blisters and sores of mouth due to the antiseptic properties found in coriander leaves
- Increase the levels of good cholesterol in the blood and decrease the levels of bad cholesterol
- Good for inflammatory diseases such as arthritis on account of the anti-inflammatory features present in coriander leaves
- Agreeable for eyesight due to the presence of antioxidants
- Favorable for diabetese patients because coriander leaves incite the release of insulin thereby reducing the levels of sugar in the blood
- Benefits the nervous system and sharpens the memory
- Excellent for digestive system
- Countermeasure anemia due to the presence of high amounts of iron
Flu-Fighting Foods via @HealthyFood999
This time of the year is usually associated with colds and flu – climate changes affect the body and that is the main reason why we are susceptible to different illnesses.
Horseradish recipe against flu and colds
Natural Homemade Remedy For Cold And Flu
THE NATURAL WAY TO GET RID OF MOLD ON HOUSE PLANTS via @cinnamonvogue
Mold occurs in houseplants because of too much heat and humidity in the house. Meaning you have either watered the plant too much or it is in a poorly ventilated area or both. Plants in the washroom/toilet are especially prone to this. All those hot steamy showers will do it.
Having moldy plants is also deadly for your health, especially if you have a central heating system that circulates the air in the house. This is a disaster that will get you sick. We are talking of sickly strains of disease that will affect your lungs that could have serious long term consequences. Mold spores can cause allergic reactions, especially for asthmatics,
If you love indoor plants, here is the best way to deal with it.
Continue reading “THE NATURAL WAY TO GET RID OF MOLD ON HOUSE PLANTS via @cinnamonvogue”
Make your own All Natural Homemade Blusher/Bronzer! via @JillsGoodThings
Even though I was fairly certain it couldn’t really be a suitable substitute to the blush I was buying, I figured it was worth a try. Especially considering how simple and inexpensive it was to make.
Simple, inexpensive, and all natural. I doubt I will ever go back to the store bought stuff!
Here’s how to make your own…..
Continue reading “Make your own All Natural Homemade Blusher/Bronzer! via @JillsGoodThings”