Most office workers know it’s difficult to maintain the correct posture in an office chair for hours. And sitting in front of a computer all day can cause back pain, neck pain, and tight shoulders, among other possible issues.
It’s little wonder, then, that standing desks and desks that convert between sitting and standing (known as sit-and-stand desks) are growing in popularity. In fact, the Society for Human Resource Management reported a 9 percent increase in companies offering standing desks to workers between 2017 and 2018.
Continue reading “The benefits of standing desks to improve your workday [Visual]” →
Article and Photos originally posted by Jennifer Scott on Bakerette
There’s nothing better than a fresh pineapple! I don’t care what you tell me…nothing in a can or jar comes even close to a fresh pineapple.
Learning how to cut a pineapple is quick and easy. A pineapple can be intimidating–sort of like when I first jumped off the top tier of a diving board. Looking down at the vast waters waaaaaaay below was incredibly intimidating. I wasn’t sure I could do it. But once I took the plunge, I realized just how simple it could be. Cutting a pineapple is the same. Once you take the plunge, you’ll see just how easy it is. There are really no special tools needed other than a cutting knife, paring knife, and potato peeler.
So just how do you choose fresh pineapples? It’s really quite simple and it requires just a pluck of a leaf…To test the ripeness of a pineapple, gently pull out one of the center leaves. If it comes out easily, it’s ripe. Easy, right?
Continue reading “How to Choose and Cut the Perfect Pineapple” →
5 ways rhubarb will boost your health
- Rhubarb contains antioxidants like lycopene and anthocyanins, helping to fight off disease.
- It apparently can help lower cholesterol, boosting your heart health.
- Rhubarb stalks are a good source of fibre, benefiting your digestive health.
- It contains vitamin K, an essential property that helps with blood clotting, protecting the bones and help fighting off liver and prostate cancer.
- Rhubarb is also a good source of vitamin C (great for a healthy immune system), calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Continue reading “Rhubarb Benefits (with 5 recipe suggestions)” →