5 ways rhubarb will boost your health
- Rhubarb contains antioxidants like lycopene and anthocyanins, helping to fight off disease.
- It apparently can help lower cholesterol, boosting your heart health.
- Rhubarb stalks are a good source of fibre, benefiting your digestive health.
- It contains vitamin K, an essential property that helps with blood clotting, protecting the bones and help fighting off liver and prostate cancer.
- Rhubarb is also a good source of vitamin C (great for a healthy immune system), calcium, potassium and magnesium.