by the team at Holland & Barrett Retail Limited
Hayfever, insect bites, food intolerances – allergies are commonplace and can strike at any time. As well as traditional medicines, many DIY cures are out there to help us cope with the unpleasant symptoms, from itching to swelling and congestion.
Here’s a selection of some of the more unusual allergy remedies from around the world.
Originally Published by Janardhana Hebbar on CureJoy.com
- Soothing sinus problems and headaches:
Boil five tablespoons of coriander seeds in water and breathe in the steam. Wrap your head with a towel so that the steam does not disappear and maximum quantity of it enters your respiratory tract.
- For treatment of colds and flu:
Brown five tablespoons of coriander seeds in a frying pan; ensuring not to overcook them. Then simmer the seeds in five cups of water with five pieces of ginger root. Minimize the liquid to two cups, filter the concoction and drink after adding some pure honey.
- For treatment of infection of the urinary tract:
Boil five tablespoons of coriander seeds in five cups of water and minimize the quantity to two cups and drink after adding pure honey. Drink this blend daily for a period of seven days to relieve the fiery sensation while urinating.
- Quick fix the blisters and sores of mouth due to the antiseptic properties found in coriander leaves
- Increase the levels of good cholesterol in the blood and decrease the levels of bad cholesterol
- Good for inflammatory diseases such as arthritis on account of the anti-inflammatory features present in coriander leaves
- Agreeable for eyesight due to the presence of antioxidants
- Favorable for diabetese patients because coriander leaves incite the release of insulin thereby reducing the levels of sugar in the blood
- Benefits the nervous system and sharpens the memory
- Excellent for digestive system
- Countermeasure anemia due to the presence of high amounts of iron
Continue reading “Everyday Herbs with Curing Abilities”