Perfect for this citrus season and baking them will for sure heat up the cold winter, just wait for the smell and you won’t be able to resist eating a couple when they are done.
This is the third of a series of Food Gifts recipes. Hope you find it useful!
Eat Good, Feel Good! 🍏
Food Gift Recipe: Mandarin Cookies
- 100g butter
- 220g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp mandarin orange zest
- 400g sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g glace sugar to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven at 150-200°C.
- Mix butter and sugar without creaming. Then add the eggs.
- Sift sugar and baking powder. Add dry ingredients without over mixing.
- Knead dough and use cookie cutters to shape the cookies.
Keep the dough cold, refrigerated is best.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
Mix 1 cup of mandarin orange juice with 2 tbsp of sugar and heat until thickens, let it cool down and spread between two cookies