- Fruit: Apple, avocado, banana, cumquat, custard apple, grapes, guava, lime, melons, papaya, passionfruit, pears, pineapple, pomegranate, quince
- Veges: Asian greens, beetroot, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, celery, leek, lettuce, onions, peas, parsnip, sweet corn, sweet potato, tomato, turnip, zucchini
- Herbs: Chilli, garlic, ginger, parsley
UK, Europe, North America
- Fruit: Apricot, avocado, mango, pineapple,
- Veges: Cauliflower, carrots, celeriac, purple sprouting broccoli , lettuce greens, new potatoes, peas, spinach, spring greens, sorrel
- Herbs: Chives, parsley, watercress
Memories of smelly school dinners all too much? Look again. One of the few vegetables that is in season in Britain almost all year round, the versatile cauliflower is having a comeback.
Our quick and tasty tips:
- Delicious roasted with spices like cumin and coriander and served with a good sprinkling of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- Try making a lighter cauliflower cheese by parboiling and then roasting cauliflower florets on a buttered roasting tray with a sprinkling of Parmesan.